Here is a great recipe for those St. Patty's Day celebrations you may have this week. They are a spin on the Neapolitan Cupcakes (recipe from www.sixsistersstuff.com) that I made for Valentines' Day. I'm a huge fan of mint chocolate chip ice cream, Ande's Mints, etc... So, I thought what a better treat than brownie and mint. Enjoy!! (Makes approx. 30 cupcakes)
- 1 (19.5 ounce) package brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package vanilla cake mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- green food coloring
Topping and Other needs:
- 1 can vanilla cake frosting
- sprinkles or other decor
- cupcake papers
- non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the brownie layer ingredients, set aside.
- Mix the cake ingredients together on medium speed for 2 minutes, add food coloring until the green color of your choice, set aside.
- Spoon the brownie batter into lightly greased cupcake papers in a muffin pan, filling each cup 1/3 full. Spoon the cake batter over the brownie batter, until papers are each 3/4 full.
- Bake until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.
- After cooling completely, top with frosting and sprinkles or other decor.
This recipe was featured on the REAL Housewives of Riverton blog at http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/03/recipe-round-up-9.html