Today is my daughter's 9th birthday. Gosh, time sure flies. Can't believe she is already that old. Of course I still try to make a special treat for her to take to school. Gotta enjoy that while I can. She will be out of elementary school way too soon. I thought about doing the usual cupcakes or cookies this year, but then decided on these Oreo Lollipops. The kids were very excited to enjoy something different. I hope yours enjoy too!!
1 package of Oreos (I used regular, not Double Stuffed)
1 package vanilla almond bark
24 lollipop sticks
- Carefully twist apart all of the Oreo cookies.
- Using one of the pop sticks, gently roll it into the cookie filling making an indentation.
- Melt the bark in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Drizzle a little of the bark in the center of the white cookie filling and then gently press cookie back together.
- This will cement the cookie back together with the stick inside. Allow the bark to harden before dipping. (5 minutes or so)
- Holding the stick, lower the entire Oreo into the bowl of melted bark, spooning it over the top and sides to cover it completely.
- Allow the excess to drain off and gently place covered Oreo on a piece of waxed paper to harden.
- Top with confetti sprinkles immediately before bark hardens.
- Don't worry, if some of your Oreos break. Just use the bark as glue to stick them back together. Let harden completely and follow the steps above to dip and decorate.
Source: "mooched" and adapted from www.easybaked.net
This recipe is posted on The Tablescaper, Addicted to Recipes, Country Momma Cooks, Funky Junk Interiors, Gingerbread, Six Sisters' Stuff, Kitchen With My 3 Sons, Simply Sweet Home, Alli 'N Sons, My Turn For Us, The Shabby Nest, Twinkle in the Eye, Delightful Order, Michelle's Tasty Creations, REAL Housewives of Riverton, The Dedicated House, It's A Keeper, Miz Helen's Country Cottage, A Little Nosh, The Brambleberry Cottage, Polkadots on Parade, Lady Behind the Curtain, Homestead Simple, Sugar and Dots, The King's Court IV, The NY Melrose Family, Ginger Snap Crafts, Savvy Southern Style, First Home...Love Life, Baked in the South, Cornerstone Confessions, Making the World Cuter, Mommy by Day Crafter by Night, Sugar Bee Crafts Watch Out Martha, Pinkapotamus, Jam's Corner, You Are Talking Too Much, Craft-O-Maniac, Good Recipes Online