I made these cupcakes for my sister's baby shower.
Of course I added a little pink food coloring
so they would match up with the pink and green theme.
To view the entire owl themed shower post click HERE.
(printable recipe)1 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean
1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup full-fat sour cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and seeds from the vanilla bean. **I had to watch video online to see how to remove seeds correctly
- Using the back of a spoon, break up any clumps of seeds in sugar and mix through. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the vanilla bean sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add butter and mix on medium speed for three minutes to form a fine crumb texture.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Slowly add milk and mix on low speed until just combined. The batter will be liquid.
- Fill cupcake liners just over 1/2 full.
- Bake for 14 - 16 minutes and then test to see if they are done. They are done when a toothpick comes out without sticking.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
Source: The Mandatory Mooch - "mooched" from www.cupcakeproject.com
This recipe was featured on Ginger Snap Crafts
This recipe is posted on Fireflies and Jellybeans, The Kings Court IV, Gingersnap Crafts, My Turn For Us, The Shabby Nest, Twinkle in the Eye, Brambleberry Cottage, Michelles Tasty Creations, Delightful Order, Its a Keeper, Polkadots on Parade, Lady Behind the Curtain, A Bowl Full of Lemons