Got bananas getting too ripe? I usually do. Here is a great recipe to take care of the bananas and feed the "monkeys" in your house. My kids love this recipe. We eat it for breakfast, dessert, or a snack.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs, beaten
3 mashed overripe bananas
1 cup chocolate chips, cold
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. With your mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add in eggs and bananas.
4. Fold in the dry ingredients until mixed well. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
6. Bake for about 60 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then flip out to cool on a wire rack.
8. Mix glaze ingredients and pour over bread.
Source: "mooched" from www.alittlebreather.wordpress.com + my own glaze
This recipe is posted on Carole's Chatter, Good Recipes Online, Homestead Simple, Sugar Bee Crafts, Making the World Cuter, Craft-O-Maniac, A Pinch of Joy, Addicted to Recipes, The Tablescaper, Country Momma Cooks, Funky Junk Interiors, Gingerbread, Six Sisters Stuff, Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons, Doodles and Stitches, Simply Sweet Home, Alli 'N Sons, My Turn For Us, The Shabby Nest, Twinkle in the Eye, Sugar and Dots, Miz Helens Country Cottage, Delightful Order, REAL Housewives of Riverton, A Little Nosh, The Brambleberry Cottage, Michelles Tasty Creations, The NY Melrose Family, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Lady Behind the Curtain, First Home Love Life, Mommy By Day Crafter By Night, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Pinkapotamus, You Are Talking Too Much, Watch Out Martha, The Kings Court IV, Gingersnap Crafts, Savvy Southern Style