She passed away almost 2 years ago. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and the lessons that she taught me. Most of all I loved how she enjoyed making people happy with her amazing talent in the kitchen. This recipe was one that she made for all of the holidays. They are instantly ready to cut out...no waiting a few hours for the dough to chill in the refrigerator. I hope these cookies can bring your family together like they did for us. And a special thanks to Grandma for always satisfying my sweet tooth!!
3 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 c. shortening
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1. In medium bowl sift dry ingredients together, set aside.
2. Cream shortening and sugar together. Add milk, vanilla, and eggs.
3. Gradually add dry mixture until just moistened. Roll and press into a ball.
4. Roll out dough onto floured surface, cut out with cookies cutters.
5. Press in sugar and sprinkles.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Source: My sweet grandma's cookbook
This recipe is linked up to THESE GREAT PARTIES!!!!
|My oldest daughter helping out|
|My youngest working hard|
|Pressing the cut-out dough into sprinkles|
|The finished product|
|Some blue ones that we also made|