My name is Lindsay and I am a mother to two boys 3 and under, and they keep me busy all day long. In the very rare down time, I love to bake, cook, and blog about my culinary endeavors. My blog, Mommy's Sweet Confessions, is where I chronicle all these cooking adventures, and I would love for you to visit, and make your acquaintance. You can also catch me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. I would love to thank The Mandatory Mooch for inviting me to be part of her link party, it is an honor!!!
I have been on a quest to find eggnog goodies to make for my husband, because he loves eggnog. This was my second attempt at it. Thanks to Inside BruCrew Life's Eggnog Latte Cupcakes, I was able to give him a treat that made him go back for seconds! I made very few changes to their recipe, because it was just so good to begin with, not much room for change. They have a wonderful, subtle eggnog flavor in the cupcake, and the frosting has so much coffee deliciousness in it, my husband and I were eating it with a spoon. Yep, that good! Perfect combo for those that love their eggnog coffee drinks.
Caffè Eggnog Cupcakes
(Slightly adapted from Inside BruCrew Life's Eggnog Latte Cupcakes)
Makes 18-24 cupcakes, depending on how full they are filled
- 1 vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. eggnog
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1/4 c. fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
For the Cupcakes
For the Coffee Cream Butter Cream
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. hot water
- 2 Tbsp. instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp. rum extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350. Line pan with cupcake liners. Beat the cake mix, eggs, eggnog, oil, yogurt, extract, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg on low for 1 minute and then on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill liners 2/3 of the way full. Bake 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack completely before frosting with coffee buttercream. Dust with nutmeg. Keep cupcakes refrigerated.
For the Cupcakes
- Dissolve the coffee in hot water and set aside.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add coffee water, extract, and salt. Beat in sugar slowly. After all the sugar has been mixed in, beat in eggnog to thin it slightly.
- Keep refrigerated.
For the Butter Cream