My husband went gluten-free in the past year. It has been tough at time to decide what is for dinner. Many of our "usual" recipes that we relied on has cream of chicken soup in it. I was devastated to learn that this soup actually contained gluten. UGH!! So, my husband started researching to find this great gluten-free recipe. It opened up worlds of recipes for us to make again. Including some of our favorite casseroles. We even freeze it to use another time.
1 stick of butter
1 small onion diced (optional)
1 cup gluten free flour
8 cups hot chicken broth/stock
1/3 cup milk (or cream)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1. Melt the butter in a medium pot on the stove.
2. Saute onion in butter for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the flour and cook for approx 30 seconds minutes, stirring constantly. Will form a soft ball of dough.
4. Heat chicken broth/stock in microwave until hot, add to butter/flour mixture and whisk to make sure it is all combined. Do this quickly to get rid of any lumps.
5. Let simmer for about 2-3 minutes to thicken. Stir in milk or cream.
6. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Enjoy in casseroles or freeze for later.
Source: "mooched" and adapted from www.thehappytummy.wordpress.com
This post is linked up to THESE GREAT PARTIES!!!!