Today is Julie from This Gal Cooks birthday. In celebration, she has invited a group of amazing ladies to create a party all about pumpkin. This delicious fall cake recipe is my contribution. It is simple and sinful. Hope you enjoy and visit all of the other great recipes linked up to the bottom of this post. Happy Birthday, Julie!!!!
Pumpkin Toffee Poke Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 container whipped topping
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 8 oz. bag toffee bits (found in baking aisle by chocolate chips)
1 c. pecans, chopped
1. In large bowl, beat all cake ingredients together on medium speed for 2 minutes.
2. Pour into greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
3. Poke holes into the top of cake while still warm with large fork or handle of wooden spoon.
4. Pour sweetened condensed milk over cake.
5. Cool completely, about 1 hour. (I put mine in our freezer for about 30 minutes to speed up the cooling.)
6. For topping, mix pumpkin pie spice into whipped topping. Spread carefully over cake.
7. Sprinkle with toffee and pecans. Gently press into whipped topping mixture.
8. Store in refrigerator until serving.
**I have also substituted a can of cream cheese frosting for the whipped topping.
Source: a Mandatory Mooch original recipe
I like linking my posts to THESE GREAT PARTIES!!!!