This is a great dessert bar recipe that a co-worker brought to a luncheon. I couldn't leave them alone. They were chewy, crispy, and gooey all in one. You will love serving these at your Thanksgiving feast.
1 stick butter, melted
1 box yellow cake mix
3 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
2 cups salted peanuts
1 cup Reese's pieces
1. Mix butter, cake mix and eggs with an electric mixer. Pat mixture into greased 9x13 in baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
2. Remove from oven, sprinkle marshmallows over the top and return to oven for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from oven.
3. Meanwhile, pour cereal, peanuts and candy into a large bowl. Set aside.
4. Bring corn syrup, sugar and brown sugar to a boil over medium-high heat on the stove. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
5. Immediately pour the peanut butter mixture over cereal/candy mixture. Stir quickly to coat and then pour on top of the marshmallow layer of bars. Working quickly, spread this layer over the marshmallows.
6. Set aside to cool about 30 minutes before slicing into bars.
Source: "mooched" and adapted from www.landolakes.com
I like linking my posts to THESE GREAT PARTIES!!!!