This past weekend, during the crazy cold here in Kansas, my daughters and I needed a project. We decided to make these wonderful and super easy bird feeders. My girls loved making a "gift" for the birds and then watching them fill their tummies. My oldest daughter created a "M" monogram feeder for her first name. Of course we made many other shapes too....heart, circle, musical note, tree, star, and donut. If you haven't done this before....you must!!
Yarn or ribbon
- Cut out shapes from your cardboard. Get creative!!
- Punch hole in the top of each shape.
- Spread a layer of peanut butter onto one side of the cardboard.
- Press buttered side of cardboard into seed. Keep turning and pressing until covered. Make sure to clear out the punched hole.
- Let dry overnight. Hang from trees with yarn or ribbon. We tried to hang most of the feeders close to a branch that the birds could perch on.
- Watch the birds find the fun treats that you've made. Enjoy!!
I like linking my posts to THESE GREAT PARTIES!!!!
Please stop on over to say hi!!
Thanks ~ Nichi