This year I participated in the The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. It is an exchange of cookies all for a great cause...to raise money for kids with cancer. I entered my name and got 3 bloggers to send a dozen cookies to. In exchange, I got a dozen cookies from 3 other bloggers. What a great way to meet new people and enjoy new tasty treats. My contribution were these fun Molded Chocolate Covered Snowflake Oreos. These fun goodies are a special treat for any of your neighbors or family. They look professional and taste amazing.
1 package vanilla almond bark
1 package Oreos
blue candy coloring (make sure it is candy safe, regular food coloring will harden the chocolate)
candy mold (I found mine at a local candy supply shop. Can also be found online.)
- Melt 2 blocks of almond bark in microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, stir and repeat in 30 second increments until melted. Melt remaining almond bark in same manner in a larger bowl.
- Add candy coloring to larger bowl of bark. Color to your liking.
- Paint the white into the snowflake portion of the mold. Let harden.
- Spoon one teaspoon of blue into the mold, add Oreo, press it down lightly, cover Oreo with another teaspoon of the blue bark or until covered. Tap mold onto counter to get rid of bubbles.
- Let harden completely. I put mine in the freezer to speed up the process.
- Pop the Oreos out of the mold and enjoy!
I like linking my posts to THESE GREAT PARTIES!!!!
Please stop on over to say hi!!
Thanks ~ Nichi
Thanks ~ Nichi