I go home from work for lunch quite often. To be able to start dinner in the middle of the day to be ready when we get home is nice for a busy family. This recipe is something I came up with after scouring our fridge and freezer for meal ideas. My girls loved a Mexican alternative to cooking chicken in the crock pot. I think you will too. Give it a try!
2 lbs. chicken, still frozen
1 c. salsa of your choice
2 pkg. taco seasoning
1 red pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
4 green onions, diced
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Cover with salsa.
- Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Lay peppers and onions on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 - 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot, leave juice.
- Shred chicken and serve with peppers in tortillas. Top with your choice of cheese, sour cream, olives, and guacamole.
Source: an original created by Mandatory Mooch
Please stop on over to say hi!!
Thanks ~ Nichi
I like linking my posts to THESE GREAT PARTIES!!!!