We recently celebrated a family birthday with a Mexican feast. To go along with the theme, I baked up some of these margarita cupcakes for a refreshing end to the celebration. They are great for your Mexican feast, Cinco de Mayo, or just for fun!! The cupcake decor and pinata donkeys were provided by Oriental Trading.
1 box white cake mix
3/4 c. non-alcohol margarita mix
1/3 c.vegetable oil
1/4 c. water
2 tsp. grated lime peel
4 egg whites
Fiesta Cupcake Wrappers and Picks found at THIS LINK
Fiesta Donkeys found at THIS LINK
Lime Buttercream Frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
4-5 cups powder sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 to 2 Tbsp. milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat cupcake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evenly among cups (three-fourths full). Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a mixer, blend butter, lime zest, vanilla, lime juice, and salt until fully combined.
- Add in powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Add the milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Frost each cupcake and decorate.
**Oriental Trading sent me products for this review. All opinions are my own.
Thanks ~ Nichi
I like linking my posts to THESE GREAT PARTIES!!!!